Hier kurz meine Eindrücke
- Both VMs felt equally fast. My GPS also proved this.
- The DF was clearly faster in bends and the DF was clearly less “nervous” on the straights. I felt that the DF was much safer on the road.
- The differences in the turning circle were clear. With the Quest, I sometimes had to get out or back up with my feet. In the same place, the DF was easy to turn in … and that’s it!
- I found the DF a little louder. Probably because I sat lower in the DF.
- I didn’t notice the weight difference of about 5kg in favour of the DF … probably because there were hardly any steep climbs.
- The Quest XS was bigger inside and more comfortable. Getting in and out was easier. The side legroom was bigger on the Quest. In the DF you quickly bump into the side wheel arches. I had no problems with the height of my knees in either of them.
- Otherwise, ride comfort and suspension were the same in both.
The test route led many kilometres directly along Lake Veluwe. It was not only very beautiful there, but also very windy. But I only felt that when I got out to take a few photos or take a closer look at the VM. At that time, I was not training well, and yet I was cruising easily at 30km/h in the wind. And then there was this comfortable lying position.
Buy “used” or “new”?
Already on the return journey on the same day it was clear: “I must have a VM”! But where from? Unfortunately, the new prices for VM are quite high. I deliberately do not say that a VM is expensive, because it is not! After all, the chassis and fairing of many VMs are made of carbon. A VM has lights, indicators, brake lights, horn etc.. Everything is completely handcrafted and individually manufactured according to the customer’s wishes! That’s why, for example, a 4-year-old VM with approx. 25,000 km on the clock often costs more than half the new price! I like to put it positively: A VM is extremely stable in value. The purchase is therefore not a risk.
If you decide to buy a new one, you have to reckon with a delivery time of at least 3 months. For some models you may even have to wait 1 year. No matter … I ordered a new VM the next working day: A DF from InterCityBike!